Time: 9am to 4pm
08:30: Registration begins
09:30: Tournament starts,
09:30: 16:30: Tournament ends
Cost $40.00 – 1 event $5.00 – per additional event
- Tournament Date, Location, and Contact
- The tournament date will be June 22, 2019
- The tournament will be held at Epic Sports Badminton Gym 39 Bertrand Ave, scarborough Ontario, M1L 2P3
- Approximate start times: Singles will be starting at 9:30 am. Doubles and Mixed will be played approximately at 11:30am Please note that start times are estimated and dependent on the number of entries per age group and discipline.
- Registration information available April 01, 2019
Registration, Entry Fee, and Maximum Entry Restrictions
- Registration opens on April 01, 2019 at midnight, until the maximum capacity has been reached.
- The maximum number of athletes for this tournament will be 144 athletes.
- Entry fees for the tournament will be a $40.00 for first event, and $5.00 for additional event.
- All entry fees are payable online through eventbrite. Entries without payment are not valid and will not be accepted.
- After the online registration portal is closed, there will be no entry extension for new entries.
Age Groups, Disciplines, and Eligibility
The tournament will offer the following disciplines:
|Juniors - 19 Years of age and Younger||Recreational > 19 years of age|
|Boys singles||Womens doubles|
|Girls singles||Mens doubles|
Competition Format and the Draw
- Each discipline draw will be run on a Main Round and Consolation Round format.
- Athletes are required to be ready to play at least 30 minutes before their scheduled match. Athletes failing to report on court for their match within 10 minutes of the match being announced will be defaulted. No additional warm up time will be allotted for players arriving late.
Pairings and Partner Requests
- Partner requests, changes, and pairings will be accepted up until two weeks prior to the tournament start date; thereafter will only be considered on a case by case manner. Athletes registered with a partner request may update their partner status up until two weeks prior to the tournament given they have consent from their partner to be paired up for the event.
- Athletes whose partner withdraws due to injury/illness after the registration portal is closed will be entered into the partner request pool. Athletes with a partner request status once the registration has closed will be paired up on a first register first serve basis. Those who are not paired up will be put into a reserve list.
Consolation Draw Registration
- An athlete may choose whether he/she wants to play in the consolation round. An athlete must confirm their participation status to the draw desk immediately after their first match of each discipline. If an athlete does not register for consolation, the draw desk will assume that that athlete will not participate in the consolation round. There will be no penalty for declining consolation round participation before the consolation draws are made.
Scoring & Service Law
- All matches, including main round and consolation round, will be two (2) out of three (3) games to 21 points with rally point scoring extended to 30 points.
Officials and Tournament Management
- Two (2) feather shuttles will be provided per match and unlimited feather shuttles (at the referee’s discretion) will be provided for all main round finals. Additional shuttles are to be provided by the participants or can be purchased from the draw desk for $3 per shuttle.
- All participants must have completed, and signed participation waiver prior to start of the event.
- All recreational players must not have an Ontario ranking
Athlete Clothing and Eyewear
- Generally, coloured clothing permitted.
- All junior players in Ontario must wear protective eyewear meeting the ASTM F803 standard whenever there are more than two players on the same court, at all Badminton Ontario or District run events. Badminton Ontario strongly recommends that all players wear protective eyewear meeting the ASTM F803 standard whenever on court. Goggles must be worn over top of prescription glasses.
Prizes and Ranking Points
- Medals will be awarded to the Main Round Champion and Finalists.