ACG BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT RULES & REGULATIONS
Waiver form must be completed in order to participate in event.
Time: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Entry Fee: $275 + HST per team
• Teams will play two (2) eighteen (18) minute halves (running time), with five (5) minute warm-up before the game and a five (5) minute intermission. Last two (2) minutes stop time at the end of each half.
• Teams must have a minimum of five (5) players to start the game.
• Teams which are unable to obtain five (5) players on the court will automatically default. A five (5) minute grace period is given before a default is called.
• Team must be present thirty (30) minutes prior to game time, to fill out and verify the game sheets.
• Fighting, arguing, or abusive language with the referees, staff/volunteers or players will result in ejection from the game and/or the tournament by security staff. Referee’s decisions are final.
• Substitutions may only be made during the stoppage of play. To substitute, a player must report to the scorer’s bench and wait for the referee to call them into play. The starting five (5) must be checked off on the game sheet at the beginning of each game.
• The coach will check into the scorer’s bench before the start of each game.
• There will be a minimum of eight (8) and a maximum of twelve (12) players per team. Score sheets from the first game played will be the final team list.
• Only players and coach may sit on the team bench. An area for spectators will be provided.
• Each team will be allowed four (5) time-outs per game, 2 lasting thirty (30) seconds each and the other 3 lasting sixty (60) seconds each.
• Each player will be allowed five (5) fouls per game. On the fifth (5th) foul, a substitution must take place to remove that player (no time-outs will be allowed for this.)
• Each team will be allowed seven (7) fouls per half before the bonus rule will go into effect. Double bonus takes place after 10 fouls.
• Technical fouls will result in awarding the opposing team two (2) free throws with all players, except the shooter, behind the centre line. The shooting team will gain possession of the ball. Any player who has two technical fouls will be removed from the game. All technical fouls will be counted as personal fouls.
• The three (3) point rule will be in effect throughout the tournament.
• If a player is ejected from a game due to flagrant fouls (referee’s discretion), that player will not be allowed to play in any other tournament games. Ejected players must leave the gymnasium area immediately. Ejected players cannot play in any other game, activities, nor sit on the team bench. A team will be disqualified if a player returns to the game. (Enforced fully by Security Staff.)
• In case of a tie, there will be five (5) minute “stop-time” overtime. If still a tie exists after the overtime, additional “stop-time” overtimes of three (3) minutes will be played until a winner is determined.