1. This tournament is organized by All Community Games
in partnership with Zone Bowling Club
Open to all Canadian citizens and legal residents
3. Venue – World Bowl
9 East Wilmot Street, Richmond Hill, On. L4B 1A3
Tel. No. : 905 – 881 5927
4. Date and time: June 22, 2019 (Saturday)
Registration - 8:30 am to 9:00 am
Opening ceremony & photo sessions – 9:00 am to 9:30 am
Regular 8-game Series -
Squad 1 (4 games – Team Series) , 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Squad 2 (4 games – Double Series) , 1:15 pm – 4:30 pm
* Lanes will be re-dressed after squad 1
* Different oil patterns will be used for each squad. Details will be announced on ACG & Zone Bowling Club’s website before the tournament.
Master Championship Round –
4:45 pm to 6:00 pm - Singles only, 1-game elimination
5. Entry fee: $60 + HST 13% (Total = $ 67.80) per person
6. Format of tournament - Scratch only (all bowlers are
required to bowl in squad 1 & 2, total 8 games)
Squad 1 - 4-Person Team Event, maximum combined *CTF/
league average is 780. (Men, Women or Mixed). Top 3 scratch
scores are the 1 st , 2 nd & 3 rd places respectively.
Squad 2 - Double Event, maximum combined CTF/ league
average is 390. (Men, Women or Mixed ). Top 3 scratch scores
are the 1st, 2nd & 3rd place respectively.
*** If any team member does not have eligible *CTF/ league
average, the average of 200 will automatically be assigned.
Total scratch scores (total 8 games) of Squad 1 & 2 will
determine the 1st , 2nd & 3rd place in Singles events as follow:-
Div. A (CTF/ league average 200 or above),
Div. B (CTF/ league average 186 to 199),
Div. C (CTF/ league average 170 to 185),
Div. D (CTF/ league average 169 and below)
If there is no eligible *CTF/ league average, the bowler will be
classified under Div. A. *** Tournament committee reserves the
rights of reassessing bowlers’ average.
Master Championships Rounds -
Bowlers will be lined up in the Men and Women divisions based on his/her 8 games total pinfalls from Squad 1 & 2. Top 4 scores in each division will be seeded in Men’s Adult and Women’s Adult divisions. The next 4 highest scores from the remaining individuals with age 50+ in each division will be seeded in the Men’s Senior and Women’s Senior divisions. (Proof of age is required for the senior individuals. Birthday on or before May 31, 1969 will be eligible for the senior divisions)
The top 4 individuals in their seeded division will compete in a one-game elimination format. 1st vs 4th seed, 2 nd vs 3 rd seed. Winners will advance to the final round.
Winners from the semi-finals will bowl 1 game match play in his/her division to determine the Master Champion.
7. Bowler’s eligible *CTF/ league average (with proof from league secretary)
Bowler’s average is based on the 2017-2018 CTF year book and 2018-2019 current Canadian league average of minimum 21 games by April 30, 2019. (Whichever highest will be applied)
8. Registration & Deadline
*** Deadline is on May 31, 2019. Registration will be closed before the deadline if the available spots are filled.
All registrations are to be submitted to the All Community Games office in care of Sing Fai Sports Club. Zone Bowling Club will assist to collect the fee & registrations. Participants can form their own 4-person team, and doubles team at registration. The ACG tournament committee can assist to form the 4-person team and doubles team for participants registered as individuals.
9. Trophy and Medal Awards*
Gold, Silver & Bronze medals are awarded to the 1 st , 2 nd & 3 rd place in each event (4-person Team; Doubles; Singles – Division A ,B,C and D).
Master Championships Trophy & gold medal will be awarded to the master champion in the men adult, men senior, women adult & women senior divisions. Silver medal is awarded to the 2nd place & bronze medals are awarded to the 3 rd & 4 th places in the Master Championships Round.
10. Special awards (Bowling balls sponsored by Brunswick)
Highest single game in the Regular Series, Squad 1 or 2 only, in each of the following divisions.
Bowler (male or female) will receive 1 bowling ball. If there is a tie, the earliest high game determines the winner. If there is still a tie, the next highest game is adopted until the tie is broken.
- Division A - Eligible league average 200 or above
- Division B - Eligible league average 186 to 199
- Division C - Eligible league average 170 to 185
- Division D - Eligible league average 169 or below
11. Tie breakers
When there is a tie in the 1 st , 2 nd or 3 rd position, the highest total pinfalls of one game series for the 4-person team or the doubles team will determine the ranks. If there is still a tie, the next highest series is adopted until the tie is broken.
In the Singles Event, the highest single game is adopted to break the tie.
- Master Championships Round
1 ball sudden death, will determine the winner.
One lane courtesy is observed. Non-CTF approved powder is not allowed in bowler's area and approach. Non-bowler is not allowed in bowler's area. Headphones may only be used in between frames during competition. It must be taken off while bowling.
13. Unacceptable Bowler's attire and behaviour
Tank tops, halter tops, bare midriffs, spaghetti strap tops, short shorts, track pants, jeans that are torn, not clean or in poor condition, torn tee shirts are not acceptable. Profanity and unsportsmanlike conduct (e.g. kicking the ball return) will not be tolerated. Failure to comply will result in disqualification from the tournament by the tournament committee.
14. Bowling balls
- It is the bowler's responsibility to ensure that all bowling balls used during the tournament are verified legally under CTF/USBC specifications. Tournament committee reserve the right to examine the balls used by the participants. Use of an illegal ball will lead to disqualification and forfeiture of games, awards and standings aside from any other penalties that may be imposed.
- Altering the surface of the bowling ball during a game is not allowed (i.e. only after completion / before commencement of each game), provided they are made at designated area and must not delay the bowler's and other's next turn / shot.
15. ACG adjudication
- This is a non-sanctioned tournament. However, all tournament rules published by CTF / USBC will be applied.
- ACG reserves the right to accept or refuse entry to this tournament.
- Any disputes will be settled by the ACG tournament committee
- Any appeal must be submitted in writing to ACG within 7 days after the tournament for ACG committee’s review.
Tenpin Bowling Leisure Competition
All leisure bowlers are welcome.
League bowlers with league average of 150 or below are welcome (minus handicap will apply) no age limitation.
Date & Time:
JUNE 22, 2019 (SATURDAY) ; TIME : 9:30 AM – 12 NOON
WORLD BOWL - 9 East Wilmot Street, Richmond Hill, Ontario L4B 1A3
Each player bowls 3 GAMES in same pair of lanes.
Total pinfalls of the players are adopted to determine the final positions
**league bowlers must provide averages with proof document at registration by email to
bowlers with league averages between 121 to 150 will receive minus handicap as follows:
Average 121 - 130 - minus 10 pins each game
Average 131 - 140 - minus 15 pins each game
Average 141 - 150 - minus 20 pins each game
GOLD, SILVER, BRONZE medal will be awarded to the top 3 players.
(CHAMPION, FIRST & SECOND RUNNERS-UP)
CAD $27.00 + HST 13%
(Total = $ 30.50 per player)
(bowling shoes rental, if required, is $ 4 + HST pays to the bowling center)
Deadline is on May 31, 2019
All registrations & payment can be submitted through the All Community
Games website http://www.acgames.ca in care of Sing Fai Sports Club, or
submit to Zone Bowling Club by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org